We always knew that the Roost Driftwood Tables were one of the most distinctive and stylish accent tables. Now Martha Stewart, the style queen for American homes, thinks so too! The Roost Driftwood Console table is featured as one of the fail-proof way to add charm to your room in her May magazine, both the print and online versions. Read it in the article on ‘6 Finishing Touches That Will Completely Transform Your Room’.
A really good driftwood table or coat rack is a rare piece of furniture. Take a look at our Roost Driftwood table bases and you will know what we mean. The reclaimed wood base has to have the perfect knot of tropical driftwood, with branches spread in a way that can support a flat surface. This is not just hand-made, but nature-made. That is why no two pieces are alike and always in short supply.
The other challenge is to keep it just the way nature meant it. The master craftsman here has done just enough to enhance the strength and beauty of the wood, without attempting to add artistry.
The Roost Driftwood table bases are available in 3 sizes, the coffee table, the console table and side table. They can be used with a glass top or wooden top. They do not require much care beyond basic dusting but are not recommended for outdoor usage.
Claim 10% off on a limited time deal on select Driftwood furniture and decor. And of course, we ship it all free of cost to you. Lets celebrate sustainable living this May!
You are all set to go out for the evening. A nice dress, hair in place, your high heels strapped. And no make-up! Not even a bit! How does that feel? Incomplete, right? Sure, you could go without any make-up, it’s not physically impossible; but, you’d rather not. You know you will look a thousand times nicer if you did put on a bit of make-up! Exactly like a picture does with a nice picture frame. You could mount pictures without any frame but any picture would look much nicer with the right frame.
- A simple slim iron frame, unobtrusive and non-glitzy but with a charming antique-y character. It is made out of salvaged iron strips and has rustic keyholes and chains for hanging. You can use it to mount a single standout picture, a striking feather( as is shown here), an ornate large key. Anything which is a counterpoint to the plain frame, really. Why we love them is they let the picture pop out. You can buy it here.
- An exact opposite to the slim edge iron frame is the recycled wood thick edge photo-frame. Made out of reclaimed red wood from Thailand these frames are a smart example of live-edge, which is a huge object of desire now. You can get them here.
- A sleek frame of horn and glass is the perfect frame for a bedside table. Frame pictures of family, or a card that your daughter painted for Mother’s Day. Artisan Living’s hand made frame available here.
- And here are some cheerful, lovely ikat print frames which are really inexpensive, easy to use and excellent for all family and baby pictures. You can find them here.
- And if you want to go the industrial chic way, we have some really great frames made from reclaimed steel drums. You can even see the industrial print on the iron sheets. I find them great for imparting a sophisticated, theatrical design focus to an office room.
6. If you are looking for a bold sophisticated touch, molten brass is the way to go. Lacking the shininess of gold, it has a rich matt molten metal sheen, which goes so well with leather and wood. The finish is great. Its brushed gold, not the crazy shiny brassy gold that looks super cheap. They are simple and modern. Perfect gift for a married couple.
7. And here are some whimsical picture frames made out of salvaged wood cart wheels. What a rustic touch they bring to your surroundings. This is where you can get them.
I am sure this has put you in a better frame of mind! Do post pictures and opinions of what makes for a good picture frame.